The company “Dipnosofistirion implements an Environmental Management System (QMS) in accordance with the requirements of ELOT EN ISO 14001:2015.
The Management of the Organization makes every effort to ensure that all its human resources adopt the Environmental Management Policy and contribute to the achievement of the overarching goal, the rational use of natural resources, while minimizing the negative impact of its activities on the environment.
- We apply the current European legislation as well as the other requirements arising from its operating framework.
- We monitor, evaluate & prevent any adverse effects from its operation on the environment.
- We constantly improve its environmental performance by setting appropriate qualitative and quantitative targets.
- We are constantly reviewing the company’s operating procedures to improve its environmental performance.
- We develop policies to raise awareness and encourage staff to achieve environmental improvement.
- We design and implement trainings for staff on environmental issues.
- We encourage our suppliers to minimize the impact of their operations on the environment, while ensuring through continuous checks that they comply with the standard.
- We use practices to save available natural resources.
- We promote the reuse and recycling of materials, where possible, as well as the use of environmentally friendly products.
- We use environmentally friendly technologies (in food packaging, use of natural gas, etc.)
- Our suppliers are all approved and certified.
no loss – no waste
Dipnosofistirion has adopted a model of work and use of materials that respects both nature’s resources and human needs.
We are committed to following the sustainable model in our kitchen, in order to create in the consciousness of our customers the importance of sustainability (also) in gastronomy.
This happens by following specifications and protocols for environmental protection and zero waste.
For this reason, we control the quantity of raw materials we order and store depending on the dynamics and the arrival of customers, so that they do not end up in the trash due to overaccumulation and spoilage, but we also make sure that the remnants of the dishes are not thrown in the trash but used as fertilizers to recycle their nutrients.
Of course there is recycling of packaging and food, and soon with the special bin we will be able to easily compost residues from fruits and vegetables. Finally, in case there is excess food, it will be channeled to charitable organizations.